5 Simple Steps to Earn More on Upwork as a Freelancer
Once you’ve settled on Upwork as a freelancer, you keep getting more and more orders. But you know what’s better than more orders? More orders! This article discusses 5 simple steps to earn more on Upwork in 2021. This Article is also very useful for new sellers seeking for jobs on upwork.
1. Set Your Pricing Strategy
Setting your pricing strategy is one of the most important things to do when you’re starting as a copywriter. You need to set the pricing that you are willing to work for and will suit your skill level. There are many pricing strategies you can go with but we’ll discuss two of them here.
You can make pricing packages for your services. For example, if you are a content writer, you can sell your service as a single package. A complete package would consist of the number of words you’ll write, the price you’ll take for it and the required time. A customer can easily select a package just like selecting a product, either take it or leave it.
This type of pricing is famous mainly on Fiverr as the “Triple Package Mode”. This is a very effective and customer friendly method. The idea is that you make different packages for different qualities or quantities of service based on your niche. For example, if you are a WordPress SEO service provider, you can make 3 different packages:
- Basic SEO Optimization for 5$/hr. This would be like a paid demo of your service. A customer can select this package to test out your skills and if he likes them, he’ll move to the Intermediate or Premium package.
- Intermediate Level Website Optimization for 10-200$/hr where you’ll do all the necessary SEO stuff the website requires.
- Premium Level Optimization where you use premium tools and techniques to guarantee high-quality output.
Check out the “Pricing & Scope” Section on “A Complete Fiverr Guide 2021” to understand this in more depth.
If you are a new seller or you’re not getting orders lately, consider applying a discount on your package.
2. Increase Your Profile Visibility With Keywords
In this section, we discuss how to increase your profile visibility with keywords. There are two main reasons why you would want to increase your profile visibility with keywords.
- This will allow you to show up in job post results for keywords that are relevant to your niche.
- this will help you find new customers who have been searching for the services you offer.
You’ll have to do some research here. Check out your niche related job posts on Upwork and look for the most commonly used keywords. Then select the most relevant keyword and use it multiple times in your profile, i.e in profile title, description and portfolio etc. This should help you rank better on a specific and relevant keyword. As a new seller, always go for low competitive keywords.
3. Connect With Potential Clients via Skills-based Introductions and Cold Outreach
To connect with potential clients, you have to have a clear understanding of your skillset. Once you know what your strengths are, target your outreach accordingly. This will help in creating a personal connection with your potential clients.
This section discusses the importance of connecting with potential clients and how you can do it effectively. It is important to remember that making contact through LinkedIn, social media, or even cold emailing is not enough for a successful outreach strategy. You need to be able to demonstrate why the buyer should take notice of you and what skillset sets you apart from other candidates who may be applying as well. With these skills-based introductions and cold outreach strategies in mind, it is easier to connect with potential clients because they know what they are looking for.
Suppose you are a copywriter offering your services on Upwork.
- One of the easiest ways to increase your profile visibility is by publishing content on blogs and other websites. But for this to be effective, you need to make sure that you have a lot of experience in writing on these platforms since they are not easy for beginners. This will work as a strong portfolio.
- Choosing a niche is one of the steps in getting started with copywriting because it will allow you to focus on what’s important and it will give others an idea of what they can expect from your writings.
4. Stay Online And Be Responsive For Maximum Engagement
This is the most obvious but hard to implement way. You cannot stay online 24/7, we all have other things to do too. So how about you look for the perfect time? Yes, based on your region and country you live in, there’s a specific time
You must respond to messages from potential clients as quickly as possible to stay on top of engagement with them. Responding promptly shows the client that you value their time, creates a sense of urgency and builds rapport with them. Responding quickly can also show the client that you are dependable, which can lead to more sales down the line.
5. Deliver Quality Work, Even If You’re Not Chosen for the Project
If you’re not picked for a job, it doesn’t mean that you’re not qualified. The company might be looking for someone with a different set of skills or the project scope might’ve been too narrow to fit your expertise. You can still deliver the best you can and impress the client. This will make the client consider you for further projects if not this one. Don’t just work on one project with a client, try making a long term relationship. Also request referrals from your clients, as there may be more businesses that need your service.
These were 5 simple steps to earn more on Upwork and build an attractive portfolio. Hope you like it, let us know your thoughts.